Protection from Fluoride and Mercury Toxicity
These recommendations were taken from the article by Dr. Russell L. Blaylock, neurosurgeon, in an interview on the 700 Club. http://www.cbn.com/CBNNews/News/021126e.asp
- Avoid fluoride toothpastes, mouthwashes and dental office treatments.
- Reduce or eliminate consumption of fluoridated water. Drink and cook with fluoride-free purified water. That means distilled water or water prepared by reverse osmosis. It is best to store water in glass or polycarbonate containers as plastic containers can leach harmful synthetic substances into the water.
- Pregnant mothers should especially avoid fluoride.
- Blaylock recommends certain supplements for adults against fluoride toxicity. Parents might also consider some supplements for their children, reduced proportionally to their body weights. Here are the main ones:
- 500 mg. per day of magnesium, preferably in a highly absorbable form, such as magnesium lactate, malate or gluconate. Avoid magnesium aspartate as aspartic acid is an excitatory amino acid.
- 1,000 mg. of calcium citrate daily. Avoid calcium from living creatures, such as animal bone or oyster shells. They may contain toxic lead, cadmium and arsenic.
- Take 400 to 800 IU of vitamin D daily. Experiments show protection for embryos of pregnant animals exposed to fluoride.
- Take 400 to 800 IU of vitamin E daily as well. Use either the alpha-tocopherol succinate or mixed tocopherols forms of the vitamin.
Studies Show Fluoride Contributes to:
- Dental and skeletal fluorosis
- Genetic damage
- Damage to DNA repair enzymes
- Increased cancers of the bone, mouth, bladder and lung
- Abnormal brain development
- Reduced fertility in men
- Avoid further amalgam fillings. Request non-mercury fillings from your dentist. Some non-amalgam fillings do contain mercury, and other toxic metals such as aluminum, tin and copper, so ask and be cautious.
- Consider having your amalgam fillings removed. This must be done by a specially trained dentist. Consult Dr. Blaylock's book for detailed guidelines. [This information is available from DAMS and the IAOMT. editor's note]
- As for vaccinations, parents should insist that their children only receive vaccines without thimerosal. Thimerosal is a mercury compound. While thimerosal will eventually disappear from vaccines, manufacturers will be using up existing stocks with thimerosal for some time. For other information on vaccines, Dr. Blaylock's book has an entire chapter.
- The flu vaccine contains thimerosal. The elderly have been receiving mercury-laden flu shots for years, but now some pediatricians are recommending flu injections for small children. Children and the elderly are the two most vulnerable age groups to mercury toxicity. Most cases of influenza and cold can be averted by specific nutritional supplementation as outlined in the book.
- Consider safely disposing of mercury thermometers from your house. A broken mercury thermometer could lead to catastrophic health consequences. You may wish to call your local toxic waste disposal authorities for advice on how to best rid your home of this danger.
- Dr. Blaylock recommends and explains how nutritional supplements can fight mercury toxicity. The issue is complex and requires a more thorough knowledge of the topic than this brief overview can give. Dr. Blaylock supplies that information in his book, Health and Nutrition Secrets That Can Save Your Life: Harness Your Body's Natural Healing Powers.
Back to the top
Back to the main page